The Hong Kong Jockey Club (“the Club”) has been informed by the Transport Department that special traffic and transport arrangement during Race Meetings at Happy Valley Racecourse will resume with effect from Wednesday, 30 November.
From 1.5 hours prior to the start of the first race, the following traffic arrangements will be implemented until traffic resumes normal:
(a) Road closure
Wong Nai Chung Road southbound between Queen’s Road East and the up-ramp outside the Club will be closed to all vehicular traffic, except for vehicles heading for Aberdeen Tunnel.
(b) Traffic diversion
1. Wong Nai Chung Road southbound between Village Road and the up-ramp outside the Club will be re-routed to one-way northbound traffic;
2. Vehicles travelling on Queen’s Road East eastbound heading for Wan Chai and Happy Valley will be diverted to turn left onto Morrison Hill Road;
3. Vehicles travelling on Morrison Hill Road southbound heading for Happy Valley will be diverted via Sports Road and Wong Nai Chung Road;
4. Except for vehicles heading for Aberdeen Tunnel, all vehicles will be prohibited to turn right from Queen’s Road East onto Wong Nai Chung Road;
5. Vehicles from Cross Harbour Tunnel heading for Queen's Road East will be diverted via the down-ramp leading from Canal Road flyover southbound to Morrison Hill Road and then turn right at the junction of Wong Nai Chung Road and Queen's Road East; and
6. Vehicles from Cross Harbour Tunnel heading for Happy Valley or Racecourse will be diverted via the down-ramp leading from Canal Road flyover southbound to Canal Road East, Morrison Hill Road southbound, Sports Road and Wong Nai Chung Road.
(c) Taxi service
1. Taxis arriving racecourse will be allowed to drop off passengers outside the entrances of both the Public and Members’ Stands of the Club;
2. The taxi stand on Sung Tak Street will be suspended during the periods from 11.00 am to 7.00 pm for day meetings; from 4.30 pm to 11.59 pm for evening meetings and from 5.00 pm to 11.59 pm for night meetings respectively; and
3. A temporary taxi stand will be designated at the section of Wong Nai Chung Road south of the entrance of the Member’s Stands from the start of the third race until the end of the second last race.
Please visit <here> for the full Transport Department Notice including public transport arrangements.